Ilkeston Town v Worksop Town updates here from 3pm.
Ilkeston are back in league action today hoping to stop a run of defeats. With new manager Ian Deakin at the helm they are keen to turn things round and give their fans something to cheer.
Teams –
Ilkeston Town:
1 Yates, 2 Anderson, 3 Wilder, 4 Eratt-Thompson , 5 Perch, 6 Fenton (C), 7 Kruszynski. 8 Hallam, 9 Tyson, 10 Walker, 11 Waite.
Bench: 12 Hanson, 14 Dixon, 15 Cox, 16 Howe, 17 Eratt-Thompson K.
Worksop Town:
1 Cooper, 2 Atherton, 3 Wilde, 4 Starcenko, 5 Taft, 6 Broadhead, 7 Hawkridge, 8 Green (C), 9 Hall, 10 Hughes. 11 Rollins.
Bench : 12 Tomlinson, 16 Hanson, 17 Wedgbury, 18 Bencherif.
It’s a hot day at the NMG. Bovril sales are down. A big crowd is anticipated following the new-found optimism generated by the return of Deaks.
This is the seventh match of the season for both teams. Worksop are currently 7th with 10 points; Ilkeston are 9th with 9 points.
James Perch is in the Ilkeston line-up having signed from Mansfield Town.
The clocktower stand is full and the terraces behind the goals are pretty crowded. Big atmosphere building! Here come the teams.
Peep! We’re underway. Ilkeston in red, Worksop blue.
GOAL for Worksop. Liam Hughes scores with a bullet header following a corner on 7 minutes. 0-1.
Tyrell Waite hits the Worksop crossbar as Ilkeston try to respond.
Ilkeston are going forward but Worksop look threatening on the break. Good save by Matt Yates keeps the score as it is.
GOAL for Worksop. From just inside the area Paul Green fires in a second for the visitors. 0-2. 23 mins. The Worksop fans behind Yates’s goal celebrate.
The ref stops the game for a drinks break. It really is hot.
Ilkeston continue to try and find a way through Worksop’s defence. But they’ve nothing to show for all their efforts as we enter the final ten minutes of the half.
A good effort by Tyrell Waite goes just wide. Then Worksop get a chance, but it’s Yates to the rescue.
A scramble on Worksop goal line provides an exciting moment but finally keeper Cooper grabs the ball.
Another drinks break.
Ilkeston are forced into a first half substitution as injured Jakub Kruszynski is replaced by Declan Howe.
Half time: Ilkeston 0 Worksop 2.
Ilkeston need to do a Roy of the Rovers recovery this half, but in this sweltering heat, it’s hard to see that happening. It will be interesting to see what the gate is – it’s certainly a big one – four figures???
We’re back underway. Connor Dixon has replaced Henri Wilder.
Ilkeston are pushing forward – Tyrell Waite involved with most forays.
Taylor Anderson (just wide after good build-up) and Declan Eratt-Thompson (with a long shot) go close for Ilkeston.
GOAL for Ilkeston. At last a breakthrough – Connor Dixon hits the ball home following great holding work by Declan Howe. 1-2. 62 mins.
Drinks break after the goal.
Yates make a good stop from Hawkridge.
Today’s attendance is announced as 991.
Ilkeston continue to press, keeping Cooper busy with race-outs. They deserve to get something out of this game.
Nathan Tyson’s cross is nearly own-goaled by Wilde. Then an Ilkeston header drops on the net over the bar.
Hallam is replaced by Cox.
Ilkeston close again through Tyson.
Luke Cox replaces Jordan Hallam.
Now a fantastic save pulled off by Cooper from Jamie Walker’s shot. Ilkeston fans can’t believe it. Worksop are holding out with little time left.
It’s full time. Deakin’s first match ends in defeat.
Ilkeston Town 1 Worksop Town 2.


(Visited 40 times, 1 visits today)